What Do I Have To Do?
BuyersThe hardest thing about purchasing a property is finding the right home.
This is your job. Our job and our goal, is to ensure the transaction is effected as smoothly as possible, making your experience as stress free as possible.
Should you be a first time buyer, we will give you as many helpful hints as we can, making "the process" less daunting.
The first step in the process is obtaining a copy of the Contract from the Agent or the Seller. We will review the Contract, advise you on the conditions of the agreement, alert you of any dangers and even negotiate changes for your benefit.
Once you have negotiated the price we will then assist you in obtaining the necessary inspection reports and advise you to finalise your finance arrangements if applicable.
You then make an “offer” to the agent, and if the vendor accepts and signs, the contract is considered “binding” and then exchanged to both the vendors’ representative and us.
From exchange to settlement, we will guide you through the legal process; let you know what you need to do and when it needs to be done.
We will liaise with the Real Estate Agents, the other conveyancers and your Lender to make arrangements for settlement.
We will also attend the settlement on your behalf and let you know once the transaction is completed.
We will take you from your successful offer, to a successful exchange and finally to a successful settlement...successfully!
- If you are purchasing, the things you might need to do are as follows: - If your contract is subject to finance approval, you need to:
- complete your application for finance;
- notify us of the outcome of your finance application; and
- if successful in obtaining finance on terms which are satisfactory to you, sign your loan documents and return them to your bank within 24-36 hours.
- If your contract is subject to building and pest inspections, you need to:
- immediately (or first business day after contract) arrange for a building and pest inspector to conduct inspections of the purchased property;
- notify us of the results of the building and pest inspections and provide your instructions as to whether, based on the results of the inspections, you wish to proceed with the purchase. Important Note: You must notify us of your instructions before the building and pest inspection date in your contract conditions. Otherwise you will be deemed to have waived the benefit of this clause of the contract.
-If your contract is subject to any special conditions:
- What will be required to be done by you will depend on the Special Condition. It is advisable that you contact us before signing.
SellersBefore you or a Real Estate Agent can advertise your property for sale, you must have a Contract for Sale available to provide to any prospective Buyers.
We will prepare this for you; provide a copy to you and your Agent. Now you can market your property for sale. Good Luck!
Once you have negotiated the terms of the sale with a purchaser, and signed a contract for the purchase, you become “legally bound” to complete the transaction.
Should you have any questions prior to signing, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We will then arrange settlement on your behalf, if appropriate, we will advise the discharging mortgagee and we will keep you informed of the progress of your sale.
Prior to settlement we will provide you with a comprehensive settlement statement including all the costs associated with the sale.
- If you're selling, there are only a couple of things you need to do:
- Notify your bank of the sale and sign the required form (Discharge Authority/Authority to Release Mortgage). This step is not required if you do not have a mortgage. In that case, simply provide the Title Deed (if one is issued) to our office.
- Provide your Instructions as to the bank account into which you wish the settlement funds to be banked. You may be able to instruct your bank (the mortgagee) if you have a savings account with them, to take all funds at settlement, in which case they will attend to the banking of your funds into your account.
- If you have decided to use Alpha Timor TM Conveyancing, simply provide the following details to your real estate agent:
Alpha Timor TM ConveyancingPO Box 831
South Yarra VIC 3141
Phone: 03 9690 8855
Facsimile: 03 9690 8881