- Speak with your financier or your Alpha Timor &trade Capital consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle. Keep in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred areas using The Herald Sun or The Age Price Guide & recent sales on realestate.com.au. Inspect every property in your preferred area so you have a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.
- Develop a relationship with an Alpha Timor &trade Sales Agent specialising in your preferred area. The agent will be able to offer additional advice and also alert you to new listings before they reach the media.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or Alpha Timor &trade conveyancer.
- We recommend that you arrange a building & pest inspection to make you aware of any major defects and pest concerns e.g: white ants, termites.
- Following your solicitors or Alpha Timor &trade conveyancers advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building and pest reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with an offer on the property through the agent.
- If you are bidding at an auction, we recommend you read the Consumer Affairs Victoria "Buying at auction" section before you attend the auction. You can find the guide at http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in trust in an interest bearing account until settlement. The vendor will sign their sale contract and the solicitor/conveyancer or agent will exchange the contracts.
- On settlement day, your solicitor or conveyancer may request that you have a pre-settlement inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all the inclusions are as per the contract you signed.